Relocation anywhere in the world is a daunting experience and can be stressful, especially when there are families and children involved. Benchmarking surveys by companies that specialise in relocation and expatriate management regularly find that one of the most common reasons for a failed assignment is if the family is not happy in the host location. Our Specialist Relocation Support Solutions offer dedicated childcare search, selection and employment services for family friendly employers and parent employees in support of sustaining a healthy workforce and business. Our goal is to work together to find the right childcare solution that best suits employer, employee and their families.
It is easy to underestimate the positive impact that supporting and successfully relocating committed working parent talent can have. Most organisations managing expatriate postings offer the usual benefits such as appropriate medical cover, annual flights home, assistance with taxation, and often allowances towards renting a home or cars. However, many miss out the ‘softer’ benefits that can make all the difference to a smooth transition.
This is where we come in.
Parental Choice has created successful working partnerships with highly reputed employers to implement flexible, family-focused policies that optimise staff productivity by extending best practise employee relations across multi-site locations. We help employers manage successful corporate relocation programmes that support family wellbeing and offer a range of business boosting benefits:
- Retention of working parent talent & experience
- Attraction of new talent & reduction of high turnover amongst valued employees with childcare responsibilities
- Optimisation of a loyal, committed, flexible workforce
- Strengthens business reputation, economic flexibility, mobility & competitive position
- Increase employee satisfaction, performance and business profitability
- Saves time, administration and stress for both employer & employee
I have worked with Parental Choice for several years now, Sarah Jane and her Team have been instrumental in supporting a number of really challenging Talent moves – and were able to provide a level of support and research to both out-bound and in-bound Talent without which I don’t think the moves would have happened. In two cases in particular the move involved senior High Potential female Leaders with complicated family situations. Parental Choice made a direct contribution to the Diversity Strategy.
Global Head of Diversity, UBS
Parental Choice’s expert childcare team has been helping companies in a variety of sectors including Law, Retail and Financial Services, successfully relocate parent employees with their families, both into and out of the UK, for over five years. Whether it’s a nanny, school, au pair or childminder, we relieve employees of the stress, their valuable time and the burden of administration spent on sourcing the most appropriate childcare solution in a new and unfamiliar area.
Our friendly, helpful team are experienced enough to know that there is no ‘one size fits all’ solution to relocation, so each new relocation project is tailor-made to the needs of the individual, their family and the company.
Most standard relocation services do not deal with the relocating children who are below school age. If a family has a baby and a toddler, it will need to know about nurseries and if both parents are working, they will need to know about childminders or nannies and how to practically sort out such childcare for their children. Parental Choice can look after all these aspects.
What relocating families need is knowledge. They need to know about different types of schools and how the admissions process works; they need to know academic calendars; where to source medical care; how to open bank accounts and how to convert their driving licences. The list goes on and on. Much of it can be managed with a carefully thought-out information pack, but in some areas the personal touch is definitely required.
Whatever type of childcare you are looking for, we provide clear, concise and detailed information to help you make the right choice of childcare for you.
What does our relocation dedicated childcare search service include?
- Tailored Search for Schools or Nurseries
- Bespoke search for a Nanny, Au Pair, Maternity Nurse or Childminder
- Payroll and Contract Support, including DBS & background checks for parents choosing to employ a nanny in the UK with referrals to our partners overseas for similar services
What does our relocation dedicated childcare search service involve?
- We start each search by first gaining an in-depth understanding of your childcare requirements and learning about what is particularly important to you and your children.
- Our expert childcare search team conduct a search of the range of childcare providers that match your requirements on your behalf.
- We provide you with an in-depth information report on the full range of childcare options available showing what each option offers, along with the distance from your home/work, with map.
- Parents are encouraged to make their own decision on the most suitable place to choose for their family by visiting and talking to all options. Parental Choice provides support in the form of advice and guidance such as questions to ask and suggestions on what to look out for when visiting.
The childcare market across the UK and beyond is diverse and full of choices. We help ensure that the right choices are made for the benefit of all.
Case Study Example of Relocation:
Family with three children aged 4, 3, 1 and a baby due shortly after their relocation where moving from the US to the UK with their father’s employment. He was to be based in the City of London and there were many options available to them in regards to where they should live. The family required a school place for the oldest, which was to be a late application as the schools had already offered all their places for the September start, a nursery school for the middle child and also a temporary nanny, with experience of new born babies, for 3 months to help settle them into London when they arrived.
Parental Choice identified schools in their four potential areas in London, and determined the small number which had places available for the start date required. Full details of the schools together with application details were provided and information about the locations that would be most suitable for the family to live. A similar nursery search was provided with information in regards to the top 5 nurseries that met their criteria. A temporary maternity nanny was found who worked a successful three months with the family and settled the children into the UK following their move.