The following article on childcare appears in July / August 2018 Family Magazine (www.familiesonline.co.uk)
In April 2017, the Government launched a new system called the Tax Free Childcare Vouchers Scheme offering a new form of
childcare vouchers. It also increased free childcare hours.
Whereas previously, childcare vouchers were a benefit offered by employers and free childcare hours were simply provided by nurseries, there is now a registration process and an eligibility criteria to meet.
Are you eligible?
- Both parents are working (or a sole parent is working)
- Both earn over £120 per week
- Employed or Self Employed
- Live in England
- Either Parent earns over £100,000 per annum
- You are a two-parent household in which only one parent works