Payroll Client Manager Job Description
Job Title – Payroll Client Manager
Reports To – Head of Finance
Parental Choice is looking to recruit a motivated, positive and confident part-time Payroll Client Administrator to assume responsibility for managing our clients and selling our payroll services to them.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business that actively promotes flexible working and work/life balance. You will be instrumental in the success of the business and future opportunities are yours to develop.
You will have previous experience working in customer services and/or sales as well as excellent interpersonal, organisational and administration skills. You will have strong customer service abilities and be willing to go the extra mile.
The primary focus of this role is to manage existing payroll clients and market to new clients who contact us. You will manage a team of three payroll officers and report directly to the Head of Finance.
Main duties will include:
- Communicating with clients to gain a full understanding of their payroll requirements and selling them our services.
- Managing the payroll team.
- Managing the payroll client database and ensuring that it is kept up to date.
- Working together with the payroll team to ensure accurate payslips and smooth service for our payroll clients.
This 4-day role (office hours are 9-3) will be based in East Molesey in Surrey. The role will be paid on a base salary of up to £14,000 gross p.a., 23 days’ holiday (increasing after 2 years’ service), annual bonus, pension, paid sick leave, additional holiday at Christmas and flexible working included.
So, if you have prior customer service experience, are good at communicating and dealing with clients, preferably with an understanding of payroll, willing to make a difference to working parents, we would love to hear from you.
The ideal candidate for this job will possess the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in customer services. Previous experience within a payroll function will be highly regarded.
- Confident and polite telephone manner (this position is 80% telephone based so you need to be happy to be on the phone)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multitask and prioritise an often complex workload
- Good computer skills (MS Excel & Word)
- Accurate with a good eye for detail
- Comfortable working within a small, flexible team
- Willingness to do anything needed to get the job done.
For a full job description or to apply for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org including your CV and covering letter.