Job description – Head of care consultancy
Reports To – CEO
This is an exciting senior role requiring enthusiasm and plenty of initiative; an in-depth knowledge of childcare and elderly care in the UK, proven sales skills and an ability to advise and support parents to enable them to make the right decision for them for their families. The role is part of the senior management team responsible to the board with the aim of developing Parental Choice within the UK and globally.
The primary focus of this role is to increase the profile of and develop business for PC Familycare whilst managing a team consisting of recruiters as well as research consultants whose role it is to undertake childcare searches in order to place nannies, maternity nurses, au pairs and housekeepers with private clients, provide research reports according to a parent’s requirement for a school, nursery or childminder and undertake elderly care searches in order to place carers and find nursing homes.
Main duties will include:
• Achieving sales and business development targets within childcare and elderly care.
• Overseeing the work of the recruitment team, with the assistance of the recruitment manager, and ensuring the familycare team meet its quarterly targets.
• Managing the research consultants and ensuring their research projects are delivered on time and to the standard expected.
• Developing the elderly care side of the business, recruiting and building a team and resources to support our clients.
• Working with the corporate team to deliver reports to corporate clients and support them with delivery of services to client employees.
• Overall responsibility of the PC Childcare website, including initially assisting with the design and functionality and once launched, making sure, together with the marketing team, that the site is up to date and working in accordance with expectations.
• Working with the marketing team to increase social awareness of PC Familycare, the childcare and elderly care services.
• Business development to increase client numbers and candidates and grow the teams’ revenue.
• Managing the team to ensure that monthly and quarterly targets are met.
• Reporting regularly on progress of the team both internally to the board and management as well as to external stakeholders.
Company details and supplementary information
Parental Choice Childcare is part of Parental Choice Limited. PC Familycare is a family friendly consultancy supporting families and working parents with all their childcare needs. Together with the recruitment of nannies, housekeepers and au pairs, Parental Choice help support parents find nurseries, schools and childminders and now assist with elderly care. Providing services either directly to parents or indirectly through the companies that employ parents, the consultancy aims to provide the best and most up to date information available to parents to enable them to make the right decision for their families and their careers.
The whole company actively promotes flexible working and work/life balance with flexible working being a day 1 right. This role will be based in East Molesey in Surrey in a family friendly office with working hours 9am until 3pm. This role would be 24 hours per week spread over 4 days, with the option to work from home occasionally.
A favourable package is offered consisting of a base of £18,000 – £19,000 gross per annum with a further £1,000 gross per quarter upon achieving certain targets. Furthermore, an annual discretionary bonus is awarded each year. Paid sick leave and 28 days’ paid annual leave is also provided.
The ideal candidate for this job will possess the following skills and experience:
• Previous project management experience within childcare and / or elderly care.
• Proven sales and business development experience.
• Communication and marketing management experience for SMEs.
• Experience with website creation and content management
• Good knowledge of the childcare / school system in the UK.
• Good knowledge of the elderly care system in the UK.
• Willingness to learn and carry out research to be able to provide the best advice possible.
• Experience of working towards and motivating others in reaching targets
• Team player but goal driven.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to multitask an often complex and fast-paced workload
• Good computer skills (MS Excel & Word) and knowledge of a databases in order to create a new bespoke database system for childcare.
• Accurate with a good eye for detail
• Comfortable working within a small, flexible team
• Willingness to go the extra mile needed to get the job done
If you are interested in the above details and feel you have what it takes to join our thriving team please email your CV and covering letter to Sarah-Jane Butler, the CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.