For as little as £18 per month or £200 per year for monthly payslips (£240 per year for weekly payslips), Parental Choice can take care of your nanny payroll obligations for you, relieving you of the stress and hassle.
Our comprehensive specialist service includes:
- Registering you as an employer for PAYE with HM Revenue & Customs (“HMRC”)
- Liaising with HMRC and answering all letters and phone calls from HMRC on your behalf
- Calculating gross pay from net pay or net pay from gross pay
- Providing monthly or weekly payslips and summaries
- Providing details and full payment guidance in respect of all tax and NI payments to HMRC to allow tax and NI payments to be paid directly by you
- Dealing with any Maternity Pay and reclaim
- Calculating holiday entitlements and sick pay
- Providing telephone support and advice on any employment or pay issue
- Providing P45 if employee leaves
- Submitting Annual Return – P35 and P14 (if required).
- Providing employee with P60 at year end.
- Referral to a dedicated insurance provider for employer liability insurance.
- Dealing with all pension queries and calculating all pension contributions into a pension scheme.
This is all managed through our new Nanny Payroll online portal – which you can access 24/7 and make amends to at any time. Register for Nanny Payroll today.
Switching to Parental Choice
If you are unhappy with your current payroll provider and would like to switch, then it is very simple. All we need is:
- Your PAYE scheme reference number;
- Your PAYE account reference number; and
- A P11 which you can get from your payroll provider.
Once we have the above information and your basic details as well as those of your nanny, we can transfer you over to us within 24 hours with no interruption of service or pause in your nanny’s payroll.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more help.
Nanny Salary Calculations
If you need help calculating what your total monthly costs will be, then please use our nanny salary calculator for further help. If your nanny has another job or a split tax code, then please do not hesitate to call us and we can calculate the gross annual salary and your total costs within the day.
If you are joining forces with another family in employing a nanny and have offered her an hourly net wage then you may wish to consider splitting your nanny’s tax code. This will ensure that the tax liability is split evenly between both families. Please remember that your nanny’s tax code belongs to her and you will need to have her written permission before you instruct us to split the code.
If you have agreed a gross salary, then there is less of an issue as overall your nanny will receive the same amount but one family will pay more in tax than the other.
If you want to have more information on tax code splits or would like us to carry out a salary calculation for you and your nanny share family, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 8979 6453.