2012 is the year I became a single parent. My parenting style this year has been very much about survival and getting through each day having fed the kids, cleaned the house and met my work commitments was a win in my mind. But, as 2013 is looming very close, I’ve been thinking about how I want things to be different next year and I think I’ve reached the point where survivial is not good enough anymore. Now I want to make things count!
So my new year resolution is very simple. I want to be a better parent. I want to have fun with my kids, I want to spend more quality time with them and I want to enjoy them. It sounds very easy when I write it like that but I think it’s going to need a little effort. I’m all for getting things started early so we’re off outside to learn to ride my daughters new skateboard. Fingers crossed my next post is not from the hospital with a broken leg! 🙂
Happy New Year to you all
- Can Parenting Style Impact Your Well-Being? (psychologytoday.com)
- How To Be A Single Parent (violetkim.com)
- Being A Single Parent Is Both Challenging And Rewarding (juststopscreaming.com)
- Crippling cost of childcare ‘stops thousands from going to work’ (standard.co.uk)
- UK News: Work ‘won’t pay’ for some parents (walesonline.co.uk)